Wordperfect

Perhaps this is not an appropriate question, but I would really like to know
whether Wordperfect 9 (Wordperfect Office 2000 Deluxe for Linux) has been
found to rest gracefully on Debian.  Have people been able to use it
reliably?  I don't seem to be able to find the answer to that question.  I've
had not good success with Mandrake and Red Hat, and I have been encouraged by
the comments I've read about the advantage of the Deb packaging vs RPM
packaging.

I realize that Corel Linux was built on Debian, but I'm thinking that perhaps
the concept of not-free software like Wordperfect is in conflict with the
Debian philosophy and so there would be no effort to resolve problems of
incompatibility.  I also realize that might not even be an valid thought.

Thank you.
Lauren.