Re: Install

Steve Greenland wrote:
Donovan, you may the first Debian new-comer to praise dselect. Ever.
Yes, it has the needed functionality, but its UI is, to put it kindly,
baroque.

dselect is one of the few tools out there that helps you direct package conflicts without trusting an outside tool that might not abide by your wishes. Its a great bare metal utility. :)

I'm not an old-timer and I like it. :) But, I only usually use it to manage packages on my machine, not add packages. Generally when I run out of HD space in /usr and decide to spring clean.

--
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> http://www.ringworld.org/