Re: Best Packaging Practices - collecting ideas (and texts!)

Stefano Zacchiroli (2002-05-11 00:30:54 +0200) :

> I suggests:
> * Multiple configure-make cycles
>
> For reference have a look to a thread of some weeks ago on
> debian-mentors with the same subject, the first message id of the thread
> was <1019914634.3338.13.camel@arrakis>; one example reported in this
> thread was, IIRC, libfox.

I probably skipped right over that thread, but I'd like to suggest
another example: python-orbit.  One source package builds three binary
Python modules, for Python 1.5, 2.1 and 2.2, which was very unnatural
to do at first.

  I seem to remember there was something I wasn't exactly proud of in
there, but I might very well have fixed it afterwards.  Should you
choose to pick that example, be sure to tell me so I'll make extra
sure the build process is as nice and clean as possible.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

A lesson for you all: never fall in love during a total eclipse.
  -- Senex, in A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum