Re: Development

Hi

I have been wanting to do this for a long time - which

is why I've been lurking in the lists for the last
couple of months or so. When I went to the New
Maintainer's corner I noticed that I must have a
package that I've built and I should know someone
who's already part of the Debian project, to sponsor
me. Now, I don't know anyone who is a part of the
project. I have, though, been a diehard Debian user
ever since the early days of slink, and I've
maintained an internal mirror at my previous
organization to help people apt-get into Debian. I've
have had that warm fuzzy feeling about Debian and have

always wanted to help.

Some points...

1) I'm an engineer working with one of the leading
 Communications corporations.

2) Have built and adminstered my own lab in college as

well as in my previous organization, with Slackware,
and then with Debian.

3) Have written drivers for a variety of peripherals,
some in ARM assembly and some in C.

4) Have worked on cryptographic routines for the best
known commercial directory service.

5) Have done some work on fine-grained access
delegation on distributed systems.

Given these, if someone can tell me if there's
anything I can do, Documentation/testing included,
I'll feel really nice.

Sorry if I have taken up too much of your time.

rgds,
ADG
6) Know the internals of EPOC OS.

While doing these, I have always stuck to Debian
 --- Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote: > Le
Sat, May 04, 2002 at 04:50:16PM +0200, RIBNITZ