Re: LINUX Install

  I'll skip the beginning of the post, partly because I can't even parse a
number of your sentences, and partly because I'm short on time and want
to stick to factual questions which are easy to answer.

On Wed, May 01, 2002 at 05:32:19AM +0000, Dusty Mows <dustymows@hotmail.com> was heard to say:
> I have no desire to be a
> programmer or developer even within the MS-DOS world, I just want to
> install a system easily that includes a Browser - NNTP client like XNEWS -
> and a general nice looking GUI.  Can I find one somewhere in the LINUX
> world?

  There are a number of good Web browsers available: "potato" included
Netscape, and the soon-to-be released "woody" version includes many fine
web browsers, including galeon, konqueror, and Mozilla.
  There are several good NNTP clients in Debian; I like knode and gnus.

  As far as GUIs go, you should probably use the KDE environment (see
http://www.kde.org); "woody" will include this.  Other environments
would include Gnome and WindowMaker.

  Daniel

|                  "When you have heard a joke, you have a                    |
|                   key to the secret of the universe, and                    |
|                   you have power for all time against the                   |
|                   force of evil." -- Garrison Keillor                       |
\------- Listener-supported public radio -- NPR -- http://www.npr.org --------/