LINUX Install

I do not consider myself to be computer illiterate - but I am MS-DOS trained and bred from v2.0 onward and including the Shells of Win 3.x, 95, 98.x, ME - but your distribution of LINUX requires a learning curve beyond comprehension. I understand LINUX is a derivative of UNIX and kernels and the like are within the UNIX world - but is there no package that just simply requires me to type *.exe at a DOS prompt? I have no desire to be a programmer or developer even within the MS-DOS world, I just want to install a system easily that includes a Browser - NNTP client like XNEWS - and a general nice looking GUI. Can I find one somewhere in the LINUX world?

Thanx,

Rev. Dr. William H. Lanning, MsD