Re: debian ppc port

On Thu, 2002-03-07 at 17:30, xmb wrote:
> my point is makeing the deb ppc port better
> the "offer" (maybe not the right word, im still learning english) i can do
> is compiling packages from their sources and sending them to u, so u can
> include them in the next dists (i wont care if i compile even more than 2k
> packages, it will help deb!), dont let the ppc port die
> im actually pretty useless (too much free time, no job ect) and i wanna do
> something useful, and i think this would be very useful

Enthusiasim, GOOD.  It is good that you want to help out and all, but I
would suggest looking into becoming a debian developer.  Go to
http://www.debian.org/devel/join/newmaint That is where you can get info
on starting the process.  Debian always needs help and if you are
willing and want to make the comitment, then you should definately
join.  And even though debian does already have a PPC auto-builder, they
always need testers and people who will debug and fix the PPC port.  You
should also join the PPC mailing list.  debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org
Other than that, good luck on getting debian to run debain on your power
mac.  Also I noticed you said you were still learning english, Debian
also needs people to help translating its pakages into different
laungages.  I hope you can find your place.

--
-Scott Henson

shenson2@wvu.edu