Re: Debian Merchandise

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 11:10:10AM -0000, Chris Engel wrote:
> We currently supply the Linux and BSD commuinites and have obtained
> permission to do so.
> It would be nice to be able to do the same for the Debian community.
> I've checked the copyright pages on your website but am unsure on how to
> obtain permission as we are a commercial organisation.

Generally the logo can be used for this sort of thing.  I have CC'ed
this reply to an email list debian-project.  That is where things
like this are discussed.  BTW if -project people want to see the
current site it is at http://www.scotgold.com/

I am about to add another field on the merchandise page to let our users
know if a company allows a contribution to Debian or not.  This will be
like the CD vendors page with a simple yes or no.  Generally
contributions fall into two types:
  - X% of product price goes to Debian
  - Your online store allows people to "buy" Debian donations.

Please let me know, using the same address you usd to send this first
email, when you are selling Debian merchandise and wether you allow
contributions or not.

  - Craig
--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/        <csmall@eye-net.com.au>