Re: RfD: Removing mailing lists

James Troup wrote:
> Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> writes:
>
> > There are also architectures for which there is no debian-*-changes
> > list (such as s390).  I think the idea has merit, and the buildd's
> > should be fixed to send their messages to the appropriate list.
>
> No, that's harking back to the ridiculous situation that existed prior
> to Guy implementing the dinstall-originated announce messages.  If
> these mailing lists are to be used at all[1], the announces should be
> sent by dinstall.  Why on earth someone bothered to setup these lists
> up, not really tell anyone and only fix _one_ out of the 15+ buildds
> to use them is beyond me.
>
> --
> James
>
> [1] Which is not exactly obvious to me, I seriously doubt there's
>     going to ever be enough subscribers to these lists to justify the
>     effort it's going to take to put them in place and maintain them;
>     but whatever.

Oh well... there are people interested:

Name                         Subscribers

debian-all-changes              300
debian-alpha-changes             50
debian-arm-changes               50
debian-hurd-i386-changes[8]     100
debian-i386-changes             170
debian-m68k-changes              25
debian-sparc-changes             40
debian-devel-alpha-changes       30
debian-devel-arm-changes         30
debian-devel-hurd-i386-changes  130
debian-devel-i386-changes       190
debian-devel-powerpc-changes     60

Remember that a lot of people were/are subscribed to debian-changes/debian-devel-changes
waiting for all the .changes files being sent there so they notice new packages.

Regards,

	Joey

--
In the beginning was the word, and the word was content-type: text/plain