Re: RfD: Removing mailing lists

Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> writes:

> There are also architectures for which there is no debian-*-changes
> list (such as s390).  I think the idea has merit, and the buildd's
> should be fixed to send their messages to the appropriate list.

No, that's harking back to the ridiculous situation that existed prior
to Guy implementing the dinstall-originated announce messages.  If
these mailing lists are to be used at all[1], the announces should be
sent by dinstall.  Why on earth someone bothered to setup these lists
up, not really tell anyone and only fix _one_ out of the 15+ buildds
to use them is beyond me.

--
James

[1] Which is not exactly obvious to me, I seriously doubt there's
    going to ever be enough subscribers to these lists to justify the
    effort it's going to take to put them in place and maintain them;
    but whatever.