Re: GNU/HURD

Em Mon, 1 Oct 2001 13:43:16 -0400
"Straight, Dave D" <Dave.Straight@dscc.dla.mil> escreveu:

> 		I am just curious if you are planning to port many of the
> existing Windows programs that so many of us have grown to love and depend
> on? I have tried to use several different versions of Linux, but it always
that's quite impossible, what our community has been doing is creating 'clones'
of such programs or creating programs that are able to do the same as the
ones you mentioned...

that's impossible because we don't have access to the source code of those
programs and we cannot even study how they do their work, we're depending
on the good will of the many companies who produce these programs to
port them... but remember that, even if they do *port*, if they do not
release it as free software, Debian will never include it as official part
of the system.

[]s!

--
    Gustavo Noronha Silva - kov <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>