Re: Delegation, Project Secretary

On Sat, Mar 31, 2001 at 11:03:35AM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> I initially talked to Wichert about Darren's status, and he stated that
> Darren was willing to step aside and that Manoj was interested in the
> position. I emailed both Manoj and Darren. I really didn't think to
> email Raul since I didn't think he was able to act in that capacity. I
> was under the impression that his duties were only related to the vote.

Actually, the constituition specifically allows Raul to act in
the capacity, if necessary:

"If there is no Project Secretary or the current Secretary is unavailable
and has not delegated authority for a decision then the decision may be
made or delegated by the Chairman of the Technical Committee, as
Acting Secretary."

> I have not heard back from Darren at all. Right now I am going on the
> precedence that if Darren never replies, then I'm left with the
> decision,

I think you need Raul's agreement in that case.

> How about I label this as an "interim" decision, until I hear back from
> Darren. Giving him at most one week from my initial contact attempt.

OK.

thanks,
Hamish