Re: Delegation, Project Secretary

On Sat, Mar 31, 2001 at 04:23:38PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 11:25:57PM -0500, Debian Project Leader wrote:
> > After some discussion, I have decided upon who I will appoint as Project
> > Secretary.
>
> Can we assume that Darren Benham, as secretary, or Raul Miller,
> as acting secretary, have agreed to this?
>
> Section 7.2 of the constituition says:
>
> 7.2. Appointment
>
> The Project Secretary is appointed by the Project Leader and the
> current Project Secretary.

I initially talked to Wichert about Darren's status, and he stated that
Darren was willing to step aside and that Manoj was interested in the
position. I emailed both Manoj and Darren. I really didn't think to
email Raul since I didn't think he was able to act in that capacity. I
was under the impression that his duties were only related to the vote.

I have not heard back from Darren at all. Right now I am going on the
precedence that if Darren never replies, then I'm left with the
decision, and if he does reply, then I'm betting that he wont mind Manoj
being Secretary.

If it does turn out that he minds, then it's not a decision that can't
be reversed and resolved.

How about I label this as an "interim" decision, until I hear back from
Darren. Giving him at most one week from my initial contact attempt.

Ben