Re: Fear the new maintainer process

On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 06:14:56AM +1000, Anand Kumria wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 02:56:10PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:

> > The problem is with applicants who basically don't respond when NM tries
> > to get in touch with them, and it seems fair to put some of the effort
> > for avoiding that onto the applicant.

> They aren't a problem at all. They are a blessing. AMs can do what I did
> when faced with a non-responsive applicant - ask for others to handle.

Eventually.  After you've sat there for a while, poked around to make
sure you're not having problems sending mail, checked to see if there's
any sign of life from them elsewhere or an alternative address...

It seems a lot of the concern is created by the large backlog we have at
the minute - I expect that once things settle down it'll be less of a
worry.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/