Re: The proposed GR: catch-22

eichin@thok.org (Mark W. Eichin) writes:

> "Some non-free software has been made to work on Debian.  Though this
>  software is not at all a part of debian, apt can be used to install
>  it.  This software has varying licenses which may prevent you from
>  using, modifying, or sharing it.  Do you want to have it available anyway?"

I think this is excellent.  I would also like the third sentence
amplified a bit, perhaps adding.  "Debian believes that you should
have the freedom to do these things with your software, but this
packages is available anyhow because it might suit your convenience."

(I'm not sure that's the right wording; I hope it expresses what I
think I would like.)

Thomas