Re: Stop Debian/FreeBSD

Piotr Roszatycki wrote:
> AFAIR, FreeBSD can't boot from ext2fs partition. Maybe I am wrong,
> so is it possible?
I seriously doubt it. I has been a while (about a month or two) since I
messed around with device files on FreeBSD (and I am not at home right
now so I can't check it out), but there's something different with them.
IIRC FreeBSD uses hex numbers for their major devices, and it won't work
on ext2fs. (I tried building a chroot FreeBSD system once on an NFS
mounted linux partition, and it didn't work - I had to change the
partition to UFS first).

Filip

--
Get a life. Get Windows(tm). It makes you wanna spend a lot less time
with your pc.

filipvr@xs4all.be              Helpdesk        Tel: +32/(0)9/265.02.05
http://www.xs4all.be        Webengineering     Fax: +32/(0)9/265.02.50