Re: Stop Debian/FreeBSD

On Sun, 21 Nov 1999, Clint Adams wrote:

> > I think the issue is not if we don't want to have any package recompilation.
> > The issue is if we can take advantage of binary compatibility where it
> > doesn't make a difference.
>
> By attempting to fill demand for "FreeBSD kernel with Debian" by
> providing a FreeBSD kernel with Linux binary support and ext2fs
> file support and a compatibility package so that the user can
> run Debian/Linux-i386 and pretend it's FreeBSD?

AFAIR, FreeBSD can't boot from ext2fs partition. Maybe I am wrong,
so is it possible?
But ext2fs support in FreeBSD is very poor. I had many system crashes
after I mounted Linux partition.

Again, Linux couldn't mount FreeBSD partition. I'm afraid they should
use theirs native file system..

--
Piotr "Dexter" Roszatycki   GCM d- s-:- a-- C++ UL++++$ P+++ L+++>$ E---- W-
mailto:dexter@fnet.pl       N++ o? K? w-- O-- M- V- PS+ PE+ Y+ PGP++ t-- 5--