Re: Debian FreeBSD

On Fri, Nov 19, 1999 at 11:31:36AM -0500, Clint Adams wrote:
> Let's say you want bash on your FreeBSD system.  Which approach
> are you going to take?

Are we talking about wedging Debian software into a FreeBSD system, or
are we talking about making the FreeBSD kernel available to Debian users.

If the latter, you'd provide a freebsd-kernel and a freebsd-debian-compat
package, which a debian user could install in place of a
linux-kernel. [And, possible the compat package would depend on some
collection of packages -- I don't know what the linux compat library
specifically requires be installed on the system].  Perhaps you'd even
make some effort to allow the debian user to choose between a freebsd
kernel and a linux kernel at boot time.

If the former, why even bother calling it debian?  Or are we expecting
FreeBSD to start following debian policy.

--
Raul