Re: HP Printer OfficeJet_Pro_6970 is not working under PureOS (Debian 11)

Hi Brian,

I understand, that you support any further with an unkown OS. Thanks anyway for your help!
purging ipp-usb did the trick. My printer now works again.

Maybe interesting for you, I installed the standart Debian 11 on an external drive to test, if the printer works there. I had the same issue there.

Cheers,
Florian

Am Do., 28. Okt. 2021 um 11:57 Uhr schrieb Brian Potkin <claremont102@gmail.com>:
On Thu 28 Oct 2021 at 10:10:17 +0200, Florian Dohrmann wrote:

> Good morning Brian,
>
> ippfind -T5 gives nothing.
> driverless still gives:
> ERROR: ippfind (PID 3780) stopped with status 1!
>
> avahi-utils had been already installed. Version 0.8-5
>
> avahi-browse -rt _ipp._tcp gives nothing.

I am not prepared to take this further with an OS I am unfamiliar
with. Sorry.

> Screenshot attached.

Too large a size. The mailing list will not accept it. Nothing for
you to do as I am quoting your mail.

> I found this:
> https://www.reddit.com/r/debian/comments/osuoa5/you_might_want_to_remove_ippusb_if_you_are_having/
> Should I try this?

Purging ipp-usb is an option, as is a wireless connection. Without
ipp-usb you will need to use an HPLIP driver.

Cheers,

Brian.