Re: HP Printer OfficeJet_Pro_6970 is not working under PureOS (Debian 11)

Hi Brian,

ok, I disconnected and reconnected. Then I used the code. This is what I got:

Couldn't open device, some information will be missing
Couldn't open device, some information will be missing
Couldn't open device, some information will be missing
      bInterfaceClass         7 Printer
      bInterfaceSubClass      1 Printer
      bInterfaceProtocol      4
      iInterface              0
--
      bInterfaceClass         7 Printer
      bInterfaceSubClass      1 Printer
      bInterfaceProtocol      2 Bidirectional
      iInterface              0
--
      bInterfaceClass         7 Printer
      bInterfaceSubClass      1 Printer
      bInterfaceProtocol      4
      iInterface              0
can't get debug descriptor: Resource temporarily unavailable
Couldn't open device, some information will be missing
--
      bInterfaceClass         7 Printer
      bInterfaceSubClass      1 Printer
      bInterfaceProtocol      4
      iInterface              0
● ipp-usb.service - Daemon for IPP over USB printer support
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/ipp-usb.service; static)
     Active: active (running) since Wed 2021-10-27 17:48:14 CEST; 18s ago
       Docs: man:ipp-usb(8)
   Main PID: 6135 (ipp-usb)
      Tasks: 11 (limit: 9830)
     Memory: 7.4M
        CPU: 39ms
     CGroup: /system.slice/ipp-usb.service
             └─6135 /sbin/ipp-usb udev

Cheers,
Florian

Am Mi., 27. Okt. 2021 um 16:11 Uhr schrieb Brian Potkin <claremont102@gmail.com>:
On Wed 27 Oct 2021 at 14:58:31 +0200, Florian Dohrmann wrote:

> Hello Brian,
>
> thank you, that's a big help! debian-printing is included now.
> I even installed the "normal" Debian 11 on an external disk this morning,
> to check if the printer works there. But the same issue.
>
> The device is connected via USB.
>
> driverless gives me:
>
> ERROR: ippfind (PID 3604) stopped with status 1!

That is an indication that a driverless IPP printer is not available.
Disconnect from USB and reconnect. The give what you get for

  ippfind -T 5
  lsusb -v | grep -A 3 bInterfaceClass.*7
  systemctl status ipp-usb

Cheers,