Re: HP Printer OfficeJet_Pro_6970 is not working under PureOS (Debian 11)

On Wed 27 Oct 2021 at 17:51:04 +0200, Florian Dohrmann wrote:

> Hi Brian,
>
> ok, I disconnected and reconnected. Then I used the code. This is what I
> got:
>
> Couldn't open device, some information will be missing
> Couldn't open device, some information will be missing
> Couldn't open device, some information will be missing
>       bInterfaceClass         7 Printer
>       bInterfaceSubClass      1 Printer
>       bInterfaceProtocol      4
>       iInterface              0
> --
>       bInterfaceClass         7 Printer
>       bInterfaceSubClass      1 Printer
>       bInterfaceProtocol      2 Bidirectional
>       iInterface              0
> --
>       bInterfaceClass         7 Printer
>       bInterfaceSubClass      1 Printer
>       bInterfaceProtocol      4
>       iInterface              0
> can't get debug descriptor: Resource temporarily unavailable
> Couldn't open device, some information will be missing
> --
>       bInterfaceClass         7 Printer
>       bInterfaceSubClass      1 Printer
>       bInterfaceProtocol      4
>       iInterface              0

This output is fine. You have an IPP-over-USB device. See the Release
Notes for Debian 11.

> ● ipp-usb.service - Daemon for IPP over USB printer support
>      Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/ipp-usb.service; static)
>      Active: active (running) since Wed 2021-10-27 17:48:14 CEST; 18s ago
>        Docs: man:ipp-usb(8)
>    Main PID: 6135 (ipp-usb)
>       Tasks: 11 (limit: 9830)
>      Memory: 7.4M
>         CPU: 39ms
>      CGroup: /system.slice/ipp-usb.service
>              └─6135 /sbin/ipp-usb udev

This output is also fine and to be expected. If you unplug from USB, the
ipp-usb.service will be shown as "Inactive".

You did not give 'ippfind -T 5'. Did you try 'driverless' again? We need
the output from it.

Install the avahi-utils package and give

  avahi-browse -rt _ipp._tcp