Debian bug #789286 - "hplip: hpfax throws error about /var/spool/cups/tmp/.hplip"

Hello.

My mothers computer has been running Debian 9 for some time, and she has
been complaining about being unable to print documents she has received
via email or downloaded from the internet on their HP LaserJet 200 colorMFP
M276n printer for some time.

When I visited last, I had time to sit down and debug the problem, and
it turns out it has problems printing PDF files, and that this error
shows up in the logs:

  /hpps[1984]: [1984]: error: Failed to create /var/spool/cups/tmp/.hplip

I then came across debian bug #789286 where it shows that
/var/spool/cups clearly has wrong permissions, and the bug has been
closed. Fixing the permissions solved the printing issue. Can this bug
please be reopened?

I also find it a bit disrespectful against the original creator of the
bug report to just blame it on a wonky source package, knowing the
permissions are wrong and ignoring the problem in a driver package, but
that might just be me.

The system in question is a plain Debian 9.5 Stretch, fully updated,
with no non-Debian repositories or backports. The printer outputted only
three lines of PostScript code on a paper with CUPS saying a filter has
failed. Printing from firefox or qpdfview resulted in the same problem.

If you need more information or want me to post another bug report or
something, please send me an email.

Thanks for taking the time to read this email! :)

- Daniel