Re: cups-filters 1.0.59 released

On 09/27/2014 09:57 PM, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> Hi Till,
>
> Le vendredi, 26 septembre 2014, 23.19:11 Till Kamppeter a écrit :
>> I have released cups-filters 1.0.59
>
> Cool, thanks.
>
>> I wanted to get it into the Debian GIT repo and used the steps I
>> always used:
>>
>> git clone
>> https://alioth.debian.org/anonscm/git/printing/cups-filters.git
>> cd cups-filters
>> git checkout --track -b upstream origin/upstream
>> git checkout --track -b pristine-tar origin/pristine-tar
>> git checkout master
>> uscan --verbose
>> git checkout upstream
>
> Your mistake is here: you need to be on the 'master' when running
> import-orig.
>
>> Can you have a look to see what is going wrong here? Do I need to
>> change the procedure of updating the upstream release?
>
> It's mostly good. :-), but I'd say the following is actually easier:
>
> git clone ssh://anonscm.debian.org/git/printing/cups-filters.git
> git import-orig --uscan --pristine-tar
>
> I've pushed the result of the above to the repository.

Thank you very much.

> I have other things on TODO right now, feel free to work on the
> packaging, I'll be available to upload to Debian.
>
> (Btw, I've noticed a cups upload in Ubuntu, should we incorporate the
> fixes in Debian?)

There are no additional fixes or patches on cups-filters in these Ubuntu
uploads. The only difference is that they have ippusbxd added so that it
is shipped in the cups-filters-ippusbxd binary package (as
/usr/sbin/ippusbxd) in Ubuntu Utopic.

This should not get overtaken into Debian. The intention is to create a
proper ippusbxd source package in Debian which then gets overtaken into
Ubuntu (V. V. edition). Then ippsubxd will get dropped from Ubuntu's
cups-filters package so that cups-filters can sync again.