Re: cups-filters 1.0.59 released

Hi Till,

Le vendredi, 26 septembre 2014, 23.19:11 Till Kamppeter a écrit :
> I have released cups-filters 1.0.59

Cool, thanks.

> I wanted to get it into the Debian GIT repo and used the steps I
> always used:
>
> git clone
> https://alioth.debian.org/anonscm/git/printing/cups-filters.git
> cd cups-filters
> git checkout --track -b upstream origin/upstream
> git checkout --track -b pristine-tar origin/pristine-tar
> git checkout master
> uscan --verbose
> git checkout upstream

Your mistake is here: you need to be on the 'master' when running
import-orig.

> Can you have a look to see what is going wrong here? Do I need to
> change the procedure of updating the upstream release?

It's mostly good. :-), but I'd say the following is actually easier:

git clone ssh://anonscm.debian.org/git/printing/cups-filters.git
git import-orig --uscan --pristine-tar

I've pushed the result of the above to the repository.

I have other things on TODO right now, feel free to work on the
packaging, I'll be available to upload to Debian.

(Btw, I've noticed a cups upload in Ubuntu, should we incorporate the
fixes in Debian?)

Cheers,
OdyX