Re: Debian packaging of gutenprint

Roger Leigh wrote:
Till, I understand from the Ubuntu changelogs that you are maintaining
the gutenprint packages in Ubuntu.  It might prove useful to also use
this repository, given that Ubuntu tracks the Debian packages.  It
should be possible to cherry-pick specific changes, as well as merge
easily.

I have looked into ypur Gutenprint package. In contrary to your package my Ubutu package does not modify anything in the original source code by the .diff.gz file. My .diff.gz contains only the files for the debian directory. It does not modify any file from the original source.

All changes needed to be done on the original source I do by patches (in debian/patches/). The current changes are only a fix for the Gutenprint printing entry in th GIMP and a patch to move the PPD directory from /usr/share/cups/model to /usr/share/ppd.

I see that your .diff.gz is modifying all the Makefile.in files. Which changes did you do there? And which changes did you do in general via the .diff.gz.