Re: [Fwd: Epson Stylus D88 with ijsgutenprint]

"David" <David.Moerike@gmx.net> writes:

>> How did you get Gutenprint?  Did you rebuild the Debian packages on
>> sarge, or build from source?  Note that the Debian packaging has not
>> had any testing on sarge, and is not supported.
>
> I got the packages ijsgutenprint and libgutenprint2 from "testing". Because
> my call to gs and then cp ...ps /dev/lp0 works, I assume that these packages
> are OK.

They should be fine.  They just haven't been tested to work with
sarge, so you might possibly run into problems.

> Thanks for your hint how to call foomatic-ppdfile. I will first deinstall
> Lprng and install cups - and then do that. On "testing", there is a package
> cupsys-driver-gutenprint, and I will examine that too. I will then report
> how it works.

If you install CUPS, you should just use cupsys-driver-gutenprint.
This will give you exactly the same output as ijsgutenprint, but
without all the setup hassle.  ijsgutenprint is only needed if you use
LPRng.

Regards,
Roger

--