Re: [Fwd: Epson Stylus D88 with ijsgutenprint]

Dear Roger,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Roger Leigh" <rleigh@whinlatter.ukfsn.org>
To: "David" <David.Moerike@gmx.net>
Cc: "debian-printing" <debian-printing@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 17, 2006 2:06 PM
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Epson Stylus D88 with ijsgutenprint]

> How did you get Gutenprint?  Did you rebuild the Debian packages on
> sarge, or build from source?  Note that the Debian packaging has not
> had any testing on sarge, and is not supported.

I got the packages ijsgutenprint and libgutenprint2 from "testing". Because
my call to gs and then cp ...ps /dev/lp0 works, I assume that these packages
are OK.

Thanks for your hint how to call foomatic-ppdfile. I will first deinstall
Lprng and install cups - and then do that. On "testing", there is a package
cupsys-driver-gutenprint, and I will examine that too. I will then report
how it works.

David