Re: [Fwd: Epson Stylus D88 with ijsgutenprint]

David <David.Moerike@gmx.net> writes:

> I have found one error - the input file comes before the '-c':
>
> gs -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=ijs -sIjsServer=/usr/bin/ijsgutenprint
> -sDeviceManufacturer=EPSON -sDeviceModel=escp2-d88 -sOutputFile=14.prn
> 14.ps -c quit
>
> followed - as root - by:
>
> cp 14.prn /dev/lp0
>
> It works!
>
> But I made following file /etc/magicfilter/ijsgutenprint-filter and
> this does not yet work. Who can help me?

How did you get Gutenprint?  Did you rebuild the Debian packages on
sarge, or build from source?  Note that the Debian packaging has not
had any testing on sarge, and is not supported.

I would recommend staying away from magicfilter.  It hasn't had an
upstream release since 1996 and is a bit long in the tooth!  I would
suggest using foomatic instead.  This is the only method of invoking
ijsgutenprint/gs supported by upstream.

$ foomatic-ppdfile -P D88
Epson Stylus D88 Id='Epson-Stylus_D88' Driver='gutenprint' CompatibleDrivers='gutenprint-ijs.5.0 gutenprint-ijs-simplified.5.0 gutenprint '

$ foomatic-ppdfile -p Epson-Stylus_D88 -d gutenprint-ijs.5.0 > d88.ppd

You can then use this when configuring your spooler, e.g. CUPS, or you
can use it with the foomatic-rip filter.

You didn't mention which spooler you are using; I'm assuming LPRng
here.  You might find foomatic-configure of use here.  It should
automatically configure an queue in your printcap, but I'm afraid I
don't have any examples.  This is one area we could do with better
documentation.  Check out the documentation in the LPRng package;
there might be something under /usr/share/doc/lprng/.

Regards,
Roger

--
Roger Leigh