Re: missing rebuild of dovecote-imapd-dbgsym?

On Tue, 2022-08-23 at 10:03 +0200, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> writes:
> > On Mon, 2022-08-22 at 07:10 +0200, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> >
> > As far as I know powerpc isn't supported for Debian stable nor the
> > Debian security updates archive.
>
> Interesting -- where can I read about that?  The release notes says that
> ppc64el is an officially supported architecture for Debian 11:

Your initial mail mentioned powerpc, which is the older 32-bit port,
while you are using the newer ppc64el port, which is supported.

> Isn't the problem that somehow the package from
> bullseye-proposed-updates-debug was prefered over the one from
> bullseye-debug?  For security updates you want that, for updates to
> stable you don't want that.  Maybe there should be a
> bullseye-updates-debug distribution?

That is the correct analysis yeah. The wiki page you linked has a bug
about adding a dbgsym archive for the debian-security archive, but
there hasn't been any work done on it at all yet, so I doubt the issue
will be fixed any time soon. For now I suggest either dropping the
b-p-u-d from your apt sources or pinning them to low priority and only
ever installing them manually. You could also add the non-debug suite
bullseye-proposed-updates to your apt sources, but then you would get
additional low-priority updates ahead of the point releases.

https://bugs.debian.org/894081
https://wiki.debian.org/AptConfiguration#apt_preferences_.28APT_pinning.29

--
bye,