Re: Updated Debian Ports installation images

Hello Peter!

On 3/30/22 18:04, Peter van Zaanen wrote:
> After following these steps, and with the latest image from
> https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/snapshots/2022-03-28/
> which installs fine btw, the screen stays blank.
>
> Adding nomodeset to Grub enables me to boot to a login screen, but then
> after installing a desktop environment startx will fail with an error
> related to nomodeset. (it did in my previous install, I haven't tried
> to install a graphical environment this time.)

What kind of VGA adapter does this machine have? Is it actually an Radeon
GPU or something different?

FWIW, I tested these images on my personal iBook G4 and after installing
the AMD firmware package, updating the initramfs (which normally happens
automatically when installing the package) and updating GRUB, the graphical
environment worked fine for me.

It's very important that /boot/grub is mounted read-write before trying to
run update-initramfs and update-grub.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz