Older PHP Versions

New to posting here, so please excuse my dumb questions. I finally got Debian working on my Powermac G5. Since it appears this is bleeding edge version (SID) it installed PHP 8.1. I have apps that will not run on that php version. Is there any archive(?) available to download and install an older php version? Why is there there not a “stable” version available? Thanks for the efforts to keep Debian available for this old hardware. Dave