Re: Poll: Is anyone using nouveau driver on ppc64 system?

Hi Thomas!

On 10/7/21 23:41, Tom Grzybowski wrote:
> I have a related question:  instead of us breaking what is working
> by updating the kernel regularly, why don't we find a good working
> kernel version and move on only when we can match that in terms of
> functionality? Is there some "requirement" to always feature the
> latest kernel?

That's unfortunately not possible at the moment as Debian Ports is a pure
unstable distribution which means we're rolling release.

There are plans to add releases to Debian Ports but that would require
setting up an instance of Debian's release management software called
Britney [1] which is something someone from the release team needs
to do.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz