Re: Updated Debian Ports installation images 2021-09-23

On Tue, 05 Oct 2021 20:39:55 +0100,
John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> On 10/5/21 21:00, Marc Zyngier wrote:
> >> Either way, I'm going to fix it.
> >
> > Awesome!
>
> Please try either of these images, they should fix both issues:
>
> > https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/snapshots/2021-10-05/

They do fix these particular issues, so many thanks for sorting them
out extremely quickly! I get:

/dev/sda3 on /target type ext4 (rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro)
/dev/sda2 on /target/boot/grub type hfs (rw,relatime,uid=0,gid=0)

There are some other problems, unfortunately. I get a warning about
the boot partition not being the first partition in the system (it
really looks like it is, but the installer may be confused by the
Apple partitioning system). I ignored it.

The installer then fails with:

Oct  5 21:50:23 base-installer: error: exiting on error base-installer/no_codename
Oct  5 21:50:34 main-menu[283]: WARNING **: Configuring 'bootstrap-base' failed with error code 1
Oct  5 21:50:34 main-menu[283]: WARNING **: Menu item 'bootstrap-base' failed.

I didn't have this problem with the previous versions, so that must be
something new that changed in the meantime.

Thanks,

	M.