Re: GRUB installation fails on latest ISO

On 9/19/21 03:11, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> Have you considered running a repo with the fixes that Debian does not
> pick up or provide in a timely manner?

We already do that and we have been doing this for a long time.

> There's little sense waiting for Debian since Debian is the barrier in
> the process. If Debian did not want to be a barrier, then they would
> have done something by now. It probably won't change anytime soon.

I'm fully aware of that. Thanks for explaining me Debian to me.

> Adding a repo to sources.list or apt.conf.d is really easy. Once a
> user is aware they need to do it, there should be no more problems due
> to packages and availability.

This discussion is concerned about udeb packages for debian-installer. You
can add these packages through a repository to your system.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz