Re: GRUB installation fails on latest ISO

Hello!

On 9/19/21 00:24, Alex McKeever wrote:
> I just tried installing the latest version of Debian Ports on my iMac G3
> and well it fails to install GRUB. Falling back to April’s installation
> media (which I have on hand) that doesn’t have this problem that has seemingly
> cropped up again with the latest batch of images.

Yes, that image doesn't work. The previous image does work, however.

The reason why the current image doesn't work is because it does not contain a
manually build debian-installer package which is currently necessary because
the hfsprogs-udeb [1] package has not been accepted into unstable yet.

So, please use the powerpc and ppc64 images from [2].

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz