Re: Help with yaboot configuration

Hi Bob!

On 2/19/21 7:47 AM, Bob McGowan wrote:
> The kernel prints a bunch of normal type lines, then panics because it can't find the root
> device.  It also reports a list of partitions it can find.  The only disks are the ram disk
> (partitions 0-15) and sr0.
>
> This looks like it is missing drivers for the SCSI cards, but the CD kernel had no problems
> and I thought the kernel placed on sda3 would have them also.  That kernel is what I copied
> to the 9G disk.

You're missing the initrd. You're just providing a kernel and the root device, but the drivers
for the root device are stored in the initrd.

The initrd is stored next to the kernel, so you just need to edit your yaboot.conf to have
the initrd variable point to the correct name.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz