Re: Tool for blessing HFS+ filesystems required

On 2/3/21 12:22 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> No, they don't. Again, Apple removed Legacy HFS support from mkfs.hfs.
>
> If someone actually wants to step up and help me, then please wipe
> up a patch to bring HFS Legacy support back to hfsprogs.

OK, I have skimmed through the hfsprogs source again and I think, I will
re-add HFS Legacy support. It should be feasible to add it back in as most
of the functionality is still there.

There are some extra functions that were removed as well such as WriteSystemFile(),
WriteBitmap() and WriteReadmeFile(), but it should be easy to add them back in.

Then I can create an hfsprogs udeb and use that for partman-auto to automatically
create an HFS partition during installation and mount it to /boot/grub, then
use hattrib in grub-installer to bless the boot file after installation.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz