Re: Tool for blessing HFS+ filesystems required

I need to ask now...

On 2/2/21 9:43 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

Yes, and that libhfsp-dev is actually built from the hfsplus source package which is a
fork of hfsutils to support HFS+ but it doesn't have a hattrib command anymore which
is used in hfsutils to bless a file system folder.

I've got a few macppc machines (Blue G3 and so) running Linux.

And, at installation time, there was always this "blessing" step if I remember correctly. It seems to be required in order that the firmware boots the system.

What exactly is happening there? Is there documentation available which describes it?

regards,
chris