Re: Installation media couldn't be mounted

/cdrom does appear to exist (but it's empty as I would expect -- right?), and /proc/partitions shows sr0, sda, sdb, and sdb1.

When I run mount with `-t isofs`, I get "No such device" instead of "No such file or directory".

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 12:54 PM Lennart Sorensen <lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 11:59:32AM -0400, Sam Imberman wrote:
> Thanks for your response!
> The image is the one available at:
> https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/10.0/powerpc/iso-cd/debian-10.0-powerpc-NETINST-1.iso
>
> When I try to mount /dev/sdb1 manually using `mount /dev/sdb1 /cdrom` (or
> with `-t vfat`) -- I have: "Mounting /dev/sdb1 on /cdrom failed: No such
> file or directory". I have verified that /cdrom is present and writable,
> and /dev/sdb1 seems to be the right device.A

I would have expected -t isofs or something like that.  Does /cdrom even
exist then?

What does 'cat /proc/partitions' show?  Does it have an sdb1 partition?

--
Len Sorensen

--
Sam