Installation media couldn't be mounted

Hello,
I've burnt the 10.0.0 netinst image to a USB stick and I am trying to install Debian to a Powerbook G4 12". I am receiving the error message that "your installation media couldn't be mounted".

When I switch to the messages console, I have several errors from cdrom-detect:

CD-ROM mount failed: device=/dev/sr0 fstype=iso9660
CD-ROM mount failed: device=/dev/sdb1 fstype=iso9660
CD-ROM mount failed: device=/dev/sdb1 fstype=vfat

Running ls /dev/s* finds /dev/sda, /dev/sdb, /dev/sdb1, and /dev/sr0.

Looking further up, I see that there is only one hw-detect line: for .../kernel/drivers/firewire/firewire-sbp2.ko -- maybe this isn't relevant though.

I'm not sure where to go from here to make debian-installer find the installation media. Can anyone send me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Sam