Re: [Hardware issue] G5 (PowerMac11,2 DC 2.3, air cooled) random hangs

Hello!

I suggest the G-Group from Low-End-Mac (LEM) for this. Subscribe to the
G3-5-Group and ask your question there.
https://lowendmac.com/lists/g-list.shtml (Since it might be down – I
cannot see this page currently – you could check the Internet Archive to
see what was in there:
https://web.archive.org/web/20110227220734/https://lowendmac.com/lists/g-list.shtml)

Just so much: you probably want to check the PRAM battery and replace
it.
https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/15881/G5+powers+on%2C+fans+run+at+high+speed%2C+nothing+else.

I think I had this on a couple of PCs and Macs. Most of them just loose
the BIOS settings in the CMOS and the current time from the RTC, but
some act up. I had a desktop PC and a notebook that wouldn't boot. My
Power Mac G5 had the roaring fans, but would boot eventually (every
second time or so, with fans unconditionally roaring up). Power Macs in
particular seem to act very very strangly when the PRAM battery is empty...

Good luck!