Re: Heads-up: random hangs with Linux 5.7-rc4 on PowerMac6,7 (and other minor issues)

Hi, Paul!

On Sun, 10 May 2020 at 12:24, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
<glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:

> I suggest filing a bug report with plymouth upstream. Although it could
> also be a kernel bug. Did you check the upstream bug trackers?
>
> > https://bugzilla.kernel.org/
> > https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/plymouth/plymouth/issues

I did a cursory search, but nothing too deep, admittedly. I have no
idea how interested upstream is in big-endian issues, though. :)

> If you let me know which kernel option in particular needs to be enabled
> for that, I can do that. I had a brief look and couldn't find an option
> which included the name "TAU".

Oops! I just found the 7447A errata [1] and this CPU doesn't have a
thermal assist unit, sorry for the noise.
Anyway, the kconfig option isn't exactly clear, it's called "On-chip
CPU temperature sensor support", in the platform support section.

[1] https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/errata/MPC7447ACE.pdf (page 7)