Re: Heads-up: random hangs with Linux 5.7-rc4 on PowerMac6,7 (and other minor issues)

Hi, Gabriel,

On Sun, 10 May 2020 at 12:37, Gabriel Paubert <paubert@iram.es> wrote:

> I suspect the PowerMac6,7 is a 32 bit machine, given what you say below.

Yes, of course, sorry for not being more explicit. :)

> Well, extremely low is a bit of an exaggeration. On 32 bit x86, lowmem
> is 896MB. This is only 128MB higher than on your machine, or 16.7% more.

My surprise wasn't the HIGHMEM split itself, but the fact that it's
needed at all. I have x86(-32) machines with over 3 GiB of usable RAM
which don't need HIGHMEM support.