Re: ofpath vs ofpathname vs grub-ofpathname

Le jeu. 16 avr. 2020 à 19:38, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
<glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> a écrit :
> Basically, your G4 FW800 the ofpathname script outputs the correct path
> and it also doesn't expect the error message as on your G5

I'm not sure I follow - the error message appears on the G4FW800, not on the G5?

> which is why I suspect the ofpathname script on the G4 FW800 machine has been
> patched.

Apparently, it _has_ been patched on the G5. I just 'apt-get download'
the powerpc-ibm-utils package, extracted it, and compared the
md5sum... they differ, with a huge diff! And I have no idea what
patched it if that's not what I should get from 'ports'. Sorry for the
noise, any idea where that patch could come from?

Anyway, the original script is still on the machine as
'/usr/sbin/ofpathname-ibm' (md5su matches), and this one might produce
what you expect, let's try:

dolbeau@powermacg5:~$ sudo /usr/sbin/ofpathname-ibm /dev/sda
/usr/sbin/ofpathname-ibm: line 812: warning: command substitution:
ignored null byte in input
/ht@0,f2000000/pci@9/k2-sata-root@c/scsi@0/sd@0,0
dolbeau@powermacg5:~$ sudo /usr/sbin/ofpathname-ibm /dev/sdb
/usr/sbin/ofpathname-ibm: line 812: warning: command substitution:
ignored null byte in input
/ht@0,f2000000/pci@9/k2-sata-root@c/scsi@0/sd@0,0

Cordially,

--