Re: ofpath vs ofpathname vs grub-ofpathname

> Le jeu. 16 avr. 2020 à 17:23, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
> <glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> a écrit :
> > Alternatively, can someone run the ofpathname command from the powerpc-utils
> > package on different physical disks, e.g. sda1 and sdb1 and do the same with
> > the ofpath command?

On my PowerMac G4 FW800 ; this one has a flashed SIL3114 that's
identified as a SIL3112, but IIRC the SATA disk doesn't appear in
Linux (it has OSX on it).

dolbeau@powermacg4fw800:~$ sudo ofpathname /dev/sda
/usr/sbin/ofpathname: line 812: warning: command substitution: ignored
null byte in input
/pci@f4000000/ata-6@d/scsi@0/sd@0,0
dolbeau@powermacg4fw800:~$ sudo ofpath /dev/sda
/pci@f4000000/ata-6@d/@0
dolbeau@powermacg4fw800:~$ sudo ofpathname /dev/sdb
/usr/sbin/ofpathname: line 812: warning: command substitution: ignored
null byte in input
/pci@f2000000/mac-io@17/ata-4@1f000/scsi@0/sd@0,0
dolbeau@powermacg4fw800:~$ sudo ofpath /dev/sdb
/pci@f2000000/mac-io@17/ata-4@1f000/@0

and I'll answer for this one before answering for the G5:

dolbeau@powermacg4fw800:~$ dpkg -S  /usr/sbin/ofpathname
powerpc-ibm-utils: /usr/sbin/ofpathname
dolbeau@powermacg4fw800:~$ dpkg -S  /usr/sbin/ofpath
yaboot: /usr/sbin/ofpath
dolbeau@powermacg4fw800:~$ dpkg -l powerpc-ibm-utils | grep ^ii
ii  powerpc-ibm-utils 1.3.2-1.1    powerpc      utilities for
maintenance of IBM PowerPC platforms
dolbeau@powermacg4fw800:~$ dpkg -l yaboot | grep ^ii
ii  yaboot         1.3.17-4+ports1 powerpc      Yet Another Bootloader

Cordially,

--
Romain Dolbeau