Re: How to track sudden poweroff ?

On 1/30/20 8:31 AM, Bertrand Dekoninck wrote:

>> Le 27 janv. 2020 à 04:15, Stan Johnson <userm57@yahoo.com
>> <mailto:userm57@yahoo.com>> a écrit :
>>

>> After adding these windfarm options to my kernel .config file and
>> re-compiling the kernel, the unexpected shutdowns have stopped:
>>
>> (kernel: 5.2.9, compiler: gcc (Debian 9.2.1-4) 9.2.1 20190821)
>>
>> CONFIG_WINDFARM=y
>> CONFIG_WINDFARM_PM81=y
>> CONFIG_WINDFARM_PM72=y
>> CONFIG_WINDFARM_RM31=y
>> CONFIG_WINDFARM_PM91=y
>> CONFIG_WINDFARM_PM112=y
>> CONFIG_WINDFARM_PM121=y
>>
> Thanks ! At least I’m not alone. I’ve checked my temperatures in sid and
> everything seems to be OK.
> I don’t see why these drivers being compiled in the kernel instead of
> modules could change anything,

They may also work as modules; I didn't try that (I was compiling a
kernel specifically for the G5 and wanted to minimize the number of
modules).  Or your system may have a hardware issue; you might want to
check whether all the fans are seated properly.

> but I’m in the process of trying to build the last kernel with this config.
> According
> to https://kernel-team.pages.debian.net/kernel-handbook/ch-common-tasks.html#s-common-building in
> this section : 4.5. Building a custom kernel from Debian kernel source
>
>  I’ve run apt install linux-source, I reuse the config file from the
> distribution, and disables module singing with scripts/config --disable
> MODULE_SIG and I’ve modified the options. But the build fails with this :
> make[1] : *** No rule to build target
> « debian/certs/debian-uefi-certs.pem », needed for
> « certs/x509_certificate_list ». Stop
>
> What did I miss ?
> Bertrand

You might try deleting all the references to Debian certs in the .config
file for your customized kernel.  That may be overkill, but I didn't
care about signature checking anyway.

grep -i cert config-5.2.9-g5
# CONFIG_X509_CERTIFICATE_PARSER is not set
# Certificates for signature checking
# end of Certificates for signature checking

Or at least delete this:
CONFIG_SYSTEM_TRUSTED_KEYS="debian/certs/debian-uefi-certs.pem"