Re: How to track sudden poweroff ?

On 1/26/20 2:16 PM, Bertrand Dekoninck wrote:

> I've enabled them since my upgrade to sid at the end of December but I
> mentioned an other issue here yesterday :
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2020/01/msg00062.html
>
> I would really be surprised if it is an overheating issue and more if it
> is a hardware problem (and I would be saddened...) . As I said, it
> shutdowns randomly and sometimes very early after boot. With no
> intensive task.

I had a similar issue with my G5 (a two-processor PowerMac7,3 running at
2.3 GHz). The system would randomly shutdown shortly after booting.

After adding these windfarm options to my kernel .config file and
re-compiling the kernel, the unexpected shutdowns have stopped:

(kernel: 5.2.9, compiler: gcc (Debian 9.2.1-4) 9.2.1 20190821)

CONFIG_WINDFARM=y
CONFIG_WINDFARM_PM81=y
CONFIG_WINDFARM_PM72=y
CONFIG_WINDFARM_RM31=y