Switching debian-installer CD images to GRUB

Hi!

After successfully switching debian-installer CD images for sparc/sparc64(*)
over to GRUB from SILO, I would like to tackle the CD images for powerpc
and ppc64 next.

The first step would probably to copy the boot configuration from ppc64el
in debian-installer [1] and debian-cd [2] and adapt it for powerpc/ppc64.

This would probably make the CD image boot with GRUB on CHRP systems without
any modifications. However, I would expect that we need extra modifications
for the CD to be able to boot on PowerMacs.

Currently, powerpc/ppc64 use Yaboot for CD boot [3, 4] and use genisoimage
to create an HFS volume. This was also the reason why we are still using
genisoimage as xorriso supposedly didn't support generating HFS volumes
back then.

So, the first question is whether xorriso supports HFS volumes and, if yes,
how it's properly invoked to generate a bootable HFS volume.

Adrian

(*) = The patches will be committed next week.

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz