Re: Failed install attempt - GRUB issue - hfsprogs missing?

On 7/4/19 9:08 PM, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> I hope all this "manual stuff" helps getting the installer fixed and let us clean up the rest.. like getting the disk marked as bootable, like yaboot did.

As I said before, the reason why GRUB doesn't work out of the box on PowerMacs
is that grub-ofpathname doesn't output OpenFirmware path names that the NewWorld
boot ROMs are able to parse. It's a single issue that - once it's fixed - will
immediately resolve the problem.

I'm fully aware that it's possible to manually fix the problem, but I cannot use
these hacks for the official Debian packages or even upstream GRUB.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz