Re: Failed install attempt - GRUB issue - hfsprogs missing?

Hi,

Riccardo Mottola wrote:
Now I don't know how to boot and I suppose there is no menu configured/generated.

Shouldn't grub-install take care of that?

How can I fix this step?

I still wonder that "option" to boot doesn't list the hard disk as bootable... so we still a couple of things :)

I resolved manually by:
1) mounting /boot/grub
2) grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

I don't know if there is a better "debian" way, but hey, this unblocked and I can finally "boot" into my PowerMac.

I hope all this "manual stuff" helps getting the installer fixed and let us clean up the rest.. like getting the disk marked as bootable, like yaboot did.

now I can finally install the rest of the system...

And the odyssey of getting wireless and X11 working will start :) :)

Riccardo